The Marriage Supper Parable - A Cartoon with Sound Effects, Music, and Scripture - A Teaching of Jesus in Matthew 22

(See the PDF file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-l2aOUz80mv-LIyzzPpySegRgZDMaDLT/view?usp=sharing .) The Marriage...

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Dreamer Dreamed (A Story that Contains Prophetic Words from God) (PART 12) - Life in the Camp -


The Dreamer Dreamed 
- The Visions of Judgment 

(A Story that Contains Prophetic Words from God) (PART 12)

(Click here to open a safe website that reads text for free
You can copy and paste this post to have this story read aloud.)

(Click to Read Part 1.)

This is a short story about a young man named Steven who was given dreams 
from God that reveal truth God has shown me (the writer) that His Church needs 
to hear. Though this is written as fiction, the words spoken by Jesus are actual words 
that God showed me. So, this is not just a fictional work. It applies to our current 
world and to the Church. I encourage you to seek God about this to find out what He 
would show you about this story.


(Click to See Parts: 1357911131517.
Click here for the Table of Contents.)

______________________________________

Life in the Camp

In an instant, Steve was taken to a chow hall filled with many tables.  About twelve men sat around each table. He was standing beside a certain table where some men of different ethnic groups were seated, eating soup and bread. A black man was sitting close to Steve, near the end of the table. He chewed slowly and seemed to be pondering over something that troubled him. Beside him, a white man with short, brown hair talked with a red haired man across from him.

Steve listened closely to their conversation, noting that they spoke somewhat quietly.

“Gary, my wife is probably in a camp like ours, but I don’t know exactly what she is doing. I hope she doesn’t have to do the kind of work the Russians make us do,” the red-haired man said. [See the "Footnote" at the end.]

“I don’t think they treat the women to manual labor like they do us, Mike,” Gary, the brown-haired man, replied.

There was a pause of silence between them as both collected their thoughts. “Mike,” Gary said, “did your pastor ever speak about the calamities that we saw unfold in recent times?”

“Pastor?” Mike, said, squinting, trying to understand.

“You told me you went to a Church some time ago.”

“Oh, yes, yes, I did,” Mike said. “My pastor never taught about destruction or calamity  coming to America. I heard some radio show hosts discuss it, and some friends mentioned it, but I never heard my pastor speak of it. And, I don’t think any of the pastors in my town mentioned it either. Why do you ask?”

“My pastor never mentioned it either,” Gary said. “I kind of felt cheated. He gave me sermons that amounted to little or no spiritual benefit when played out in real life. He never spoke of being persecuted or of denying oneself, taking up one’s cross, and following Jesus. He never once mentioned anything that was controversial, such as judgment on the wicked.”

“I want to stop you,” Mike said with some frustration. “You mean to tell me that you think a Hell and brimstone sermon from a Bible-thumping preacher is what I should be listening to? What about grace and love?”

“My pastor only taught about God’s grace and love,” Gary said calmly. “He never spoke of judgment on sin or of a nation being judged for its wickedness, but I remembered reading about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah as a young Christian. I was amazed that God would burn a whole city, but Abraham pleaded with God to spare the city if there were just 10 righteous people in the whole city. God agreed to spare it for the sake of 10 righteous people. Abraham had seen God be very merciful to him. But, the whole city of Sodom was so wicked that only Lot was considered righteous. His wife disobeyed God’s command, which was announced by angels to Lot and his family, not to look back at Sodom. But, she did and was turned to a pillar of salt.”

“That was the Old Testament. God is different today. He doesn’t judge,” Mike said, taking a bite from a small chunk of bread.

“She was turned to a pillar of salt because she refused to repent and forsake Sodom in her heart. America has turned from God, and become like Sodom. That is why this country is being judged--”

“This country is not being judged, Gary,” Mike said, angrily. “This is just the consequences of provoking Russia to anger and making foolish financial decisions. It has nothing to do with God’s judgment! God is not the same as He was in the Old Testament.”

“But, I remember a verse where God says that He doesn’t change. James chapter 1 says that there is no variableness with God. When God judges a nation for its wickedness, such as ancient Israel, you can be sure He will judge America, and He is doing that right now.”

“Shut up,” Mike said in a low, cold voice that throbbed with anger. “I don’t want to hear about God. Frankly, I don’t even know if God exists. If He exists, He’s left us to suffer, even though we are Christians. He’s forgotten us.”

(Emperor Titus)
“That is not true. God is judging America for not repenting when He called out to it. I remember reading Jeremiah and Ezekiel. We’re seeing those books unfold in America, just as they did in ancient Israel and Judah. Jesus warned Jerusalem about the Romans destroying their temple and persecuting the Jews, and He warned of a future time when the same thing would be repeated by the Antichrist. Jesus said, in Luke 21:20: ‘And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.’ He went on to warn the Jewish people to flee from Jerusalem and Judea. But this applied to both the attacks on Jerusalem in 70 A.D., by Titus, and the future attacks against the Jews by the Antichrist, in the book of Revelation.”

“I’m done with this topic,” Mike said. Leaning forward, he whispered, “Let’s talk about how we can escape this base, but quietly.”


“Mike,” Gary said, “why are you so quick to change topics?”

Mike grimaced. “I don’t want to talk about a God that doesn’t care about our suffering.”

“He does care about us, and He wants us to turn back to Him. I wept when I saw My children and wife taken from me. I wept when I saw this camp. I told God I was sorry for all the sins I did. I was a bad husband and father, who was cheating on his wife. I was very selfish and proud. I didn’t really love God before, but now I desire Him. I want to know Him. He gives me peace even through these sufferings we go through.”

“That’s nice for you, but I don’t see it that way. I did good works for God, giving tithe regularly, giving money to a local orphanage, faithfully attending Church every Sunday. I served God, but God has left me to die. There is no hope for us. If He exists, God has abandoned us. End of story.”

“I’m sorry you see it that way,” Gary said. “I used to think like that too, but My heart changed when I repented and turned to God.”

There was a silence that lasted for a moment before the black man beside Gary looked at him and said, “Excuse me. I overheard your conversation, and I wondered if you could pray for me.”

“I’d be willing to,” Gary said.

“My health is starting to fail me and I don’t think I will be able to make it for another five months of hard labor. I feel weak and tired. I want to know; does your God accept souls like me, who did terrible things?”

“If God can save a man who cheated on his wife, nearly lost his marriage over an affair he had with another woman, stole from a friend, and despised people who loved God, and lied many times, while claiming to be a Christian, he can save anyone. That’s who I used to be.”

“I did worse than that,” the black man said, somberly. “I wonder if it’s too late for me to repent.”

“It is never too late for those who desire God and want to repent. God can save anyone who calls on His Name and who wants to know Him. By the way, what’s your name?”

“Robert. So, how do I call on His Name?”

“First, you recognize your need for Jesus to save you from your sins, and that only He can save you by His blood that He shed at the cross about 2,000 years ago.”

“Okay,” Robert said, nodding.

The next point is that you ask Jesus to be your personal Savior and Lord, and to save you from your sins by His blood and death on the cross alone [Romans 5:7-10]. Jesus took the penalty for sin, which is death [Roman 6:23], which results in Hell for the sinner [Revelation 21:8]. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose from the dead on the third day, just as the Bible said He would [1 Corinthians 15:3-4]. It is only by accepting Him as your personal Savior and Lord that you are saved [Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9, James 4:7]. It is not by works of righteousness or by our own effort that we are saved or kept saved [Romans 4:5, Galatians 2:16]. It is only by Jesus Christ that we are saved [Acts 4:12, 1 Timothy 2:5-6, John 14:6]. Christ’s blood alone can make a sinner clean and whole [Romans 5:1-12].”

“I want to do that,” Robert said, bowing his head. “What are points in a nutshell?”

“(1.) You recognize that you cannot get to Heaven by your own works or by any way, but by Jesus Christ and His blood that He shed. (2.) You want to be set free from sin, and cleansed by Jesus Christ’s blood, and be saved from the consequences of sin, which is Hell. (3.) You ask Jesus Christ to be your personal Savior and Lord, and you speak the truth that He died for you and me, was buried, and rose from the dead.”

Robert bowed his head and Steve heard him whisper, “God, I’ve made a mess of my life. I did drugs, slept around, stole from people, and lived in sin. You know that I want to turn from sin and believe on your Son, Jesus Christ. I don’t want to go to Hell, but I also know that you want me to be with you in Heaven. I want that too. So, Jesus, I make you my Lord and Savior. You died and suffered for me, even though I’ve done terrible things. I thank you for that and that you rose from the dead. Without you, I’d have no hope. Amen.”

Gary also had been listening to his prayer. “Amen, brother. You are now a child of God and bound for Heaven.”

“I feel something different in my body,” Robert said, with a surprised look on his face. “It feels strange.”

“That is the Holy Spirit, Robert,” Gary said. “You’ve been born-again, like Jesus spoke of in the Gospel of John, chapter 3.”

Robert raised both hands in the air and said, “Praise God! I’m saved! I’m saved!”

A Russian soldier walked toward them, scowling. “You men will have more work assignments if you don’t keep your mouths shut. Loud sounds are not allowed.”

After the soldier left, Mike grimaced before saying, “You religious nuts are going to get us all in trouble if you keep that up.”

“Robert was just expressing himself, Mike,” Gary said. “He should be free to do that. He’s a new man now.”

Mike scowled. “Just keep this Jesus stuff to yourselves. I don’t want to get in trouble for your enthusiasm.”

“My son,” Jesus said to Steve, “let us now go to another location, where I will reveal to you more of the life in the prison camps, and how the people are treated. This will show your friends and relatives the true nature of the future and what it will likely have for them, unless they repent and seek Me soon. Let us go.”

With that, Jesus placed his hand on Steve’s shoulder, and the room vanished from Steve’s eyes.

________________


A farm field appeared below. It was in the process of being tilled or cultivated. A team of four men were attached, by long chains, to an old-fashioned plow, which had been modified to accompany the attachments. Each prisoner wore wide, leather belts which acted as padding for metal chains that passed through large loops in the belts, and wrapped around the waist of each prisoner. They struggled to pull the plow through the dirt, straining at their chains. Behind them, a man gripping the handles of the old plow, he was chained to, tried to keep the furrows straight, while a Russian soldier snapped a whip not far from his shoulders. [Again, see the "Footnote" at the end.]

“Keep moving,” a different soldier barked, seeing one of the four chained men stumble.

In another acre-sized plot of land, a different team was hard at work, doing the same task.

A section of land, ten acres in area, was surrounded by double lines of razor wire fence on either side of a ditch. Both sides of the ditch were lined with the menacing razor wire, which tends to snag on clothes like a thorn bush. A small, portable guard tower was stationed at each corner of the enclosure, armed with a heavy machine gun and search lights. The Russians also were equipped with infrared scopes on their rifles.

The man who had stumbled had regained his footing and continued straining at his chain, trying to keep up with the other three pulling the plow, but Steve could tell that he was in pain. He clenched his teeth, trying to help pull the plow through the moist soil, but after a few more minutes, his strength gave out, and he fell to the ground. The guard with the whip began lashing the ground near his body, yelling, “Stand up!”

But, the man was exhausted. Then, the guard gave him a lash across the back. The man grunted in pain. Another whiplash struck him, and the prisoner cried out in pain. Mustering his strength, he tried to stand, but he was very weak. Slowly, he stood to his feet, and the guard commanded, “Get moving. We must get these furrows done before dark.”

The man made several more feet of progress, pulling the chain, before he collapsed again. He tried to get up, but he could not manage. The guard kicked him, but his body took the impact like a limp noodle. Like blinds in a window being drawn shut, his eyes closed, and his life passed from this earth. The guard lashed the body several times before he stooped down to look at the corpse. He placed his fingers on the neck to check for a pulse.

With a grunt, he stood and reached for his two-way, helmet radio, and said: “We have another flat in the square. We need another hand. Out.”

Steve looked to the right and saw an earthen bridge across the ditch, at the far end of the enclosure. This bridge lay beyond a gate which was watched by a guard tower. About a stone’s throw from that lay another gate connected to a fifteen-foot-tall, razor-wire-topped fence. Within that compound were more barracks structures and other buildings.

After a couple minutes, the gate opened in the barracks enclosure fence, and a military flatbed truck roared through. Soon, it had passed over the earthen bridge and through the gate leading into the 10 acres, bumping over the uneven terrain as it went. Its six wheels soon rolled to a stop before the corpse, and the diesel engine idled, issuing a loud, guttural purr. A door creaked open and a young soldier hopped out. A prisoner was handcuffed to a metal rail in the truck bed. He groaned as he saw the plow with the chained prisoners and thought of the work that lay before him.

A different soldier unlocked the chain on the corpse, while two guards warily watched the prisoners chained to the plow. With a heave, two guards plopped the corpse into the truck bed. A soldier hopped into the truck bed and unlocked the handcuffed prisoner, who would serve as a replacement for the deceased. Taking no chances, the guard snapped the handcuff to the corpse’s left wrist. Once the prisoner was off the truck, a door slammed, and the flatbed headed back, bouncing over the uneven earth.

The fresh prisoner was locked up to the empty harness, and the five men were commanded to keep plowing.

“Get back to work!” a soldier yelled, snapping his whip for emphasis.

Steve touched Jesus Christ’s robe and looked up into his loving, green eyes. “Lord Jesus,” he said, “you’ve shown me people suffering in a coal mine, and now as slaves dragging a plow, but why? Why do these people have to suffer so much?”

Looking at him with love and compassion, the Jesus said:

“My son, these people are very resistant to My Spirit and to My convictions, for they know that I have been calling out to them, but they have been resisting Me more and more, hardening their hearts against Me, and against My Spirit, who has been calling out to them and pleading with them every moment. They have made their foreheads like flint, and their necks like brass, and they refuse to forsake their selfish, stubborn, and defiant ways.

“Some, like Robert, as you have seen, have repented and turned to Me during these trying times, but many others refuse to repent, and will not say ‘yes’ to My Spirit calling out to them. I am grieved with their hearts, and I shall not let them enter into My rest, unless they repent. For, I give all men the equal opportunity to repent from sins and come to Me.

“I call out to each person, and I give them the power to decide if they will repent, or if they will forsake My pleadings, and forsake My ways. I do not force them to repent and come to Me, but I plead with them, that if possible, they will repent, and come to Me. I say ‘if possible’ to show you that it is possible for them to come to Me, but the choice they make to say ‘no’ to Me makes the likelihood that they will repent become less and less. I give men a free will to choose Me or reject Me. That is correct.

“Now, we will visit a city to show you what life will be like during the time just prior to the Russians invading.”


________________________________________________


[Footnote: Russians are not the enemy, neither are the Chinese. Both are people just like you and me. But, God will use Russia and China to judge wicked nations, which will not repent from their rebellion against Him.]

[A Note About Repenting:

To be saved and born-again, one must desire to repent from sin. This means that one wants to turn from his (or her) sins, and trust only in Jesus Christ to save him (or her). One can’t be saved if he (or she) doesn’t even desire to forsake sin. If someone just prays a prayer but doesn’t want to turn from sin, he (or she) is not actually saved.

Question: “Why should we repent from sin?”

We have a human nature that is sinful. Sin will bring damnation in Hell if one doesn’t repent and make Jesus Christ his (or her) personal Savior and Lord. When one repents, he (or she) must realize that he (she) still sins, but there is a desire to turn away from sin, and a regret for sinning. One must realize that only by knowing Jesus Christ as his (her) personal Savior and Lord can one make the choice to actually turn from sin. After being saved, we must look to Jesus to help us, and we must choose to say “no” to temptation, and repent from sin that God is convicting (or showing) us about. The power to do this is found in seeking and having a personal relationship with our loving God and Abba Father, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, Who is One with God the Father.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from profanity or advertising on this blog. I appreciate your comments (as long as they are polite and clean).