The Marriage Supper Parable - A Cartoon with Sound Effects, Music, and Scripture - A Teaching of Jesus in Matthew 22

(See the PDF file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-l2aOUz80mv-LIyzzPpySegRgZDMaDLT/view?usp=sharing .) The Marriage...

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Dreamer Dreamed (A Story that Contains Prophetic Words from God) (Part 3) - The Pit -




The Dreamer Dreamed 
- The Visions of Judgment 

(A Story that Contains Prophetic Words from God) (Part 3)

(Click to Read Part 1.)


This is a short story about a young man named Steven who was given dreams from God that reveal truth God has shown me (the writer) that His Church needs to hear. Though this is written as fiction, the words spoken by Jesus are actual words that God showed me. So, this is not just a fictional work. It applies to our current world and to the Church. I encourage you to seek God about this to find out what He would show you about this story.


(Click to See Parts: 1357911131517.
Click here for the Table of Contents.)


Chapter 3

In the Pit

With that, Jesus took Steve instantly to another place. The place was full of choking, noxious fumes and barely any light could be seen. A terrible, sulfuric smell reached his nose, like the smell of rotting eggs. Hideous laughter, mixed with shrieks and screams, came from various directions, in front of and behind Steve. The temperature was very hot and oppressive like what one might expect in a volcano.

“Lord Jesus,” Steve said, trembling, “where are you?”

“I’m right here with you,” Jesus said from Steve’s right hand.

“Where are we?” Steve asked.

 A light shone suddenly about Steve and he saw Jesus standing beside him. His loving presence gave Steve peace and a sense that he was protected.

Before his eyes, Steve saw hundreds of pits, in the ground, filled with smoke and lava. Locked in a metal cage on the ground, a man, dressed in black, ragged clothes, was writhing in pain and cursing. He was cursing God and cursing the Son of God, Jesus Christ, and pointing his finger at Jesus. [See "Footnote" below.]

“You put me here to die. I hate you. I hate all your people.”

“Who are you?” Steve asked, leaning forward to see better.

The man was covered with flames that he tried to put out. Worms crawled over his skin and into his nose. A demon stood near the cage, blowing on the flames with a set of bellows. Another demon poked him with a spear every so often. Both had goat hoofs, bat-like wings, and snake-like tails that poked out from leather-like material they wore as clothing. Their bodies were covered with dark grey skin. Small horns protruded from their foreheads.

The demons stopped what they were doing as both Jesus and Steve approached the cage. In seconds, they left the man alone and darted into small holes in the side of a large boulder nearby. The worms that crawled over the man’s skin began sliding down his body, and moving away from him.

The man in the cage glared at Jesus as he responded to Steve’s question. “I was a missionary to China. I served God for ten years before my life was taken from me in an accident. I did good works for Jesus every day of my life since I was born-again, but I kept working and working for God. I believed that My own works could save Me. I wish my works could have saved me. I wish God would let me enter Heaven, but He is cruel and unjust to make me suffer like this.”

“Tell him the truth, Matthew,” Jesus said.

“Okay, I was lying. I do deserve this, I guess, because I came to a point in My life where I didn’t see a need to trust in Jesus alone for salvation. Why should I? I believed that my own works could save me. I believed that if I sinned against God, all I had to do was do more good deeds, and my good deeds would pay for my bad ones. But, I was made to believe that I was mistaken. My good works, God says, cannot pay for my sin, even if I believed they could. But, cursed be the name of --”

“I don’t permit you to speak that way, Matthew,” Jesus said. “Tell this man the truth.”

“I really began to harden my heart against God’s conviction for me to repent and trust only in Jesus Christ for salvation. I thought, I have done many good works for God. I led 90 people to the Lord. I gave out thousands of tracts in many Chinese dialects. I would spend long hours praying through my prayer book. I worked with orphans in an orphanage. I had taught people about following the Ten Commandments and the teachings of Christ, but I began trusting in my works, and not in the teachings of Christ, as they were taught me.


“I believed that my own works would save me. I trusted that I was a good man and that I could just work for God to make up for sin in My life. That makes sense, doesn’t it? God convicted me about my selfishness and pride, but I didn’t think I needed to repent from pride and selfishness, and I still don’t. I deserve to be proud because I have accomplished much, all by myself. I could practically use my good works to build a bridge to Heaven.”

Jesus said: “I am the Bridge, Matthew. But, you did not trust in Me to be your Savior and Lord. You wanted to do things your own way and have your own will. You also refused to repent from your skepticism that My blood was all that was needed for you to be saved. You trampled underfoot My blood and counted My sacrifice for you worthless, compared to your own efforts and works.

“Therefore, you became very hardened against My Spirit, and refused to repent from your sins. You would mention a list of sins that you ritually repented from, but you refused to repent from what I was convicting you about. You would even tell people to repent from their sins, and that you repented whenever you were convicted of sin, but you lied to them, for you did not repent from sins I was convicting you about. These sins were serious because they got between Me and you.

“But, even now you do not want to repent from your self-righteousness, even though you know it will keep souls from Heaven. Therefore, you cannot be saved and Hell is your destiny because you made it your destiny by your own choices, and by your pride, and by your trusting in your own works, instead of in what I did at the cross of Calvary. I am grieved with you and with all who trust in their own works, instead of My precious blood.”

Jesus turned to Steve, and Steve saw tears stream down his Lord’s face. “My son, Steve, this man even now will not admit that he sinned against Me in the areas of self-righteousness and pride. He will admit that they brought him to Hell, but he will still blame Me for his suffering in Hell. This is because his heart is hardened like an adamant stone that will not yield to My Spirit. I have shown you this to let you know that many people are trusting in their own works to save them, or to make them completely saved, and are not trusting only in My precious blood that I shed for them at Calvary, about two thousand years ago. Come, let us visit a different place in Hell.”

_______________________

(Click to Read Part 4.)

[Right click link and select "Open in new tab."]

_______________________



Footnote:

Hell is a real place that exists near the center of the earth in a spiritual realm. The Bible speaks of souls of the damned going down into the lower parts of the earth after they die. In Ezekiel 32, we read about multitudes of dead Egyptians descending into the lower parts of the earth and into the pit. In Hell, these dead people can move, see, hear, feel, and speak.

Ezekiel 32:17-18 says: "[17.] It came to pass also in the twelfth year, in the fifteenth day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 18. Son of man, wail for the multitude of Egypt, and cast them down, even her, and the daughters of the famous nations, unto the nether parts of the earth, with them that go down into the pit."

Ezekiel 32:21 says: "[21.] The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword."

In Luke 16:19-31, Jesus Christ spoke of two men who both died. One was a rich man, who was unnamed, and the other was a poor man named Lazarus. Both the rich man and Lazarus were real men who Jesus, being God, knew about. Because he did not love God, trust God, or care for his fellow man, the rich man died and found himself in Hell. In Hell, he was tormented and fully awake. Lazarus was in the Old Testament temporary paradise called "Abraham's Bosom."

When Jesus came to preach to the spirits in prison (2 Peter 3:19), He preached about His sacrifice on the cross to the saints in "Abraham's Bosom." Then, Jesus brought them up to Heaven when He "ascended up on high" and "led captivity captive". Ephesians 4:8 says: "[8.] Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men."

Luke 16:19-31

"[19.] There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

"24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

"27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."


_______________________

(Click to Read Part 4.)

[Right click link and select "Open in new tab."]

_______________________











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from profanity or advertising on this blog. I appreciate your comments (as long as they are polite and clean).